Monday, November 21, 2005

A Poem by Julinar Diab : I Follow the One

Note by Sr. Julinar Diab : This is dedicated to my sisters in Islam, first inspired by a sister and her story to Islam


I Follow the One

By Julinar Diab

I'm alive inside
nothin' can stop me
Only God alone decides
when and where to drop me

I have a guideline
Sharp sense of right and wrong
So I know it ain't right
Just to blindly tag along

Praying to a man
That just don't cut it
Been lied to for so long
Yeah I'm tired of it

Will not be led by men
And their sick minds
I cover like the Mother Mary
Holy for all time

Don't say I dont know God
You are way out of line
Stuck in the gutter
While Allah is the Sublime

You don't own me
Never will control me
I go a different way
And theres nothin' you can show me

I follow the One
Who holds the burning sun
You will surrender
Cause His Will is always done

He created your life
Now you like to deny
Every single blessing
Why not give ikhlas* a try?

A step you have to take
You have a soul at stake
The truth from the falsehood
Ya need to separate

Since the time of Adam,
The time of Abraham
God has said He is One
He makes it clear to man

Submit to God's way
You will never be astray
This reality wont stay
You'll soon meet face to face

Polytheistic ways
Then can't be erased
Its a choice you have to make
So your life wont be a waste

I follow the One
Who never had a son
He is far beyond our minds
And His Will is always done



*The Chapter of Purity ( ikhlas ) Chapter 112, Holy Quran

"Say! He is God, the One!
The Eternally Besought of all!
He does not beget, nor is He begotten.
And there is nothing comparable to Him."


Copyright © 2005 - Julinar Diab - All rights reserved.

2 comments:

fotArte said...

I'm alive inside
nothin' can stop me
Only God alone decides
when and where to drop me

God. Very good indeed ;)

Omni said...

Wonderful poem!! :-)