Monday, November 14, 2005

First Islamic studies class after Ramadan vacation

As Salaamu Alaikum,

I had not been an active blogger for quite sometime. I decided to start blogging again.

Today when I woke up I was feeling gloomy and sick. The air, which swathed the place seemed to be stingy and did not allow me to breathe. My eyes became puffy and my nose became stuffy and I sneezed and I sneezed till I sprained my neck. I solicited assistance from one of the house keepers to change my son’s clothes and send him to school. After my son kissed me goodbye, I thought I will plop on bed again and continue with my slumber for a while. But immediately remembered I had Islamic studies class to attend at my son’s school. I pushed myself to crawl back out of bed, hastily arranged my hijab over my hair and rushed to my forgotten class.


When I arrived at the school I was welcomed by the smiling faces of my classmates, whose cheerful greetings of "Assalamu Alaikum!" made the dreariness in which my day had started, simply vanish! Sadly, however, there were only three other sisters who made it to the class; I guess after a 15-day break for the last days of Ramadan and Eid celebration the rest of my classmates were experiencing a Black Monday! *smile*


Sr. Nousheen, our Islamic studies teacher, said,“I think I won’t be able to take the class, as only three of you are present…”and decided to let us go. One of the student who is also a parent of the school requested Sr. Nousheen to go ahead with the next lessons . She said "...or else the sisters might take advantage of this and would go on a mass bunk (*lol*) thinking that there wont be class if they are absent." Sr. Nousheen agreed and went ahead with the lesson. We had an interactive session . Though the lesson of the day was “Usool Al-Hadeeth: The Origin of The Sanad” , we discussed about other issues of Islam as well.


The discussion ended at 1:00 pm . I decided to wait for my son as the school dismisses his class at 1:30 pm. While waiting for my little boy , I got a chance to talk to some sisters who are in charge of the Islamic program conducted at school and I chattered with them till 1:30pm.. At 1:30 pm , I left with my naughty little boy who wanted my hug and kiss.

1 comment:

fotArte said...

Hi,
Good work you have here.
I saw you on the neoWORX ;)